You might recall I’m working on a vintage camper restoration with my brother. You can read that post here: Vintage Camper.
I had mentioned in the first post that we could probably use the camper as we made updates to it. I was so wrong. I pulled the carpet off the walls to reveal some major wood rot. The whole back wall had to be replaced. Among other things, this was going to be a bigger project than we thought. But it is so going to be worth it.
We are lucky enough to be able to work on the camper inside an air conditioned shed this past week. So we’ve been able to get a ton of work done.
We used Bondo to fix the wood that we left and seal the corners. Added new bench/bed wood.
We got rid of the ice box. It was cute, but kind of useless. We are just going to made it a cabinet for a trash can.
The oven and stove top do work.
We’ve already painted all the wood with Killz primer so it no longer even looks like this anymore. But you’ll have to wait for the next update for those pictures.