I’ve been wanting to sew a dress for one of the girls for quite a while now. When I got my sewing machine, I figured it was time. So a few weeks ago I went to the fabric store to look at patterns. I have never sewn with a pattern, so it was a little intimidating. Once I had one picked out, I went to find the perfect fabric. I had some really pretty ones selected (I needed three different fabric patterns), but I couldn’t decide on a final one. After a few minutes, I put everything back and left the store. I felt I was in way over my head. Plus, I could buy a nicer dress for much cheaper, and I wouldn’t have to spend time making it.
Well a few days ago I got bit by the dress building bug again. This time I picked out the easiest pattern I could find and let Rory pick out the fabric. I got home and started cutting out the pieces. The next morning I sewed it up. It took me no more than an hour.
I really just blundered my way through this dress. I just needed to get one under my belt so I could have a general idea of what it takes.
Today we went to the park downtown to take pictures of the dress.
She was, “stirring the potion”.
Throwing rocks over the edge with little sis.
The dress ties at the shoulders.
All tuckered out, ready to go home. She still sucks her fingers, we are working on that.