A couple weeks ago I found this vintage chair at the thrift store. It’s comfortable and has an interesting looking style, but the upholster job on it was kinda ugly.
It was a orange-ish brown vinyl.
So I stripped it down. This was definitely the hardest part of the whole project. Tons of nails and staples. And stink. This thing is O.L.D. And by that, I mean old.
I let it air out outside for a while before reupholstering it.
Then came time to upholstery it. This part went so fast. And it was so much fun.
I even put the little brass nails on the backside. That part was a little frustrating. I had about a 50% success rate on those. It didn’t help that I had two kids and a dog all up in my stuff.
And there she is. I’m not sure if I’m loving the fabric just yet. I really suck at picking out fabric. It’s so intimidating looking at all the bolts in the store. I always go in wanting something geometric and modern then end up buying something retro and floral. Something is seriously wrong with me. At least it seems to fit the style of the chair.
Also, this was number 11 on my 30 before Thirty list. So I get to cross that off. I’ve got less than a year to finish off my list. I’ve got to get crackin’!